Petersen Aussie Ranch
Purchase Agreement and 1 Year Health Guarantee
Puppy ID#__________________ DOB:________ Puppy Name: ______________ Todays Date: __________
Breed: _____________ Gender: _________ Buyer agrees to pay the full purchase price of: $_________________
Remaining balance due: $_____________
Pre-Existing Condition: _______________________
Registration: Limited/ Full / No papers:________
_____________ PET HOME/ SPAY/ NEUTER
_____________ BREEDING RIGHTS
1. PETERSEN AUSSIE RANCH and/or BB DACHSHUND, shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Seller/Breeder”. The original purchasing party, and solely the original purchasing party, shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Buyer”.
2. The Buyer agrees that they: the Buyer must have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian with in two day (2) forty-eight hours (48), upon receiving the puppy, excluding weekends and Holidays. The buyer then has four (4) days ninety-six (96) hours to contact Petersen Aussie Ranch a copy of the examination (vet report) to the Seller/Breeder. Failure to comply will render this guarantee null and void.
3. The Buyer is responsible for the daily up keep and well being of the puppy. This includes properly feeding, watering, bathing, and any immunizations and examinations recommended after purchase by a licensed vet or Seller/Breeder. As well as providing necessary medications and follow-up treatments recommended by a licensed veterinarian (DMV). The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Buyer must keep all receipts and records of all veterinarian checkups and immunizations in order for this guarantee to be in effect.
4. In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy with in one (1) year from its birth due to genetics, the Seller/Breeder shall replace the puppy with another of equivalent value at no cost to the Buyer with in six (6) months. The Buyer is responsible for the total shipping cost of the replacement puppy. If the Buyer declines the replacement puppy, then the Seller/Breeder shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller/Breeder from any and all further claims.
5. In the event of death of the puppy, due to genetics, with in the first year of birth. The Buyer must fax a copy of the findings from a licensed veterinarian, with in two (2) days, forty-eight (48) hrs after said death to the Seller/Breeder. If Buyer fails to fax a copy of the findings from a licensed veterinarian with in two (2) days forty-eight (48) hours than, the failure to comply will render this guarantee null and void. All conditions set forth in paragraph 18 shall apply.
6. In the event of a replacement puppy the Buyer is responsible for shipping cost, shipping crate, health certificate, and any additional costs. The original cost is only for the value of the puppy.
7. This guarantee is non-transferable. All registration papers MUST be returned to Seller/Breeder if this guarantee is exercised. All puppies are sold as pet quality: no guarantee is made on disposition, size, color, markings, conformation, or breeding ability. Seller/Breeder sells puppies for companion purposes only.
8. Seller/Breeder makes reasonable efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information on its web site regarding the puppies for sale. This information includes, but is not limited to: breeds, gender, and color, date of birth, weight, parent’s weight, color, and registration. Seller/Breeder is not responsible for negligent, misrepresentations, typographical, or photographic of any kind by the Seller/Breeder.
9. Transportation of the puppy is arranged by the Seller/Breeder. Occasionally, there may be delays for numerous reasons including, but not limited to, weather, temperature restrictions, logistics, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen reason and events. Buyer fully releases Seller/Breeder from any and all liabilities arising directly or indirectly from any transportation delays, accidents or Puppy damage that may cause Buyer inconvenience or lose, whether financial or emotional. Usually the puppy will ship within 7 to 14 days once the available date has arrived. But occasionally a puppy may need additional time with the Seller/Breeder before shipping/delivery. The Seller/Breeders vet will make the final determination of the puppies ship/delivery date.
10. Transportation of the puppy is arranged by the Seller/Breeder. Occasionally, there may be delays for numerous reasons including, but not limited to, weather, temperature restrictions, logistics, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen reason and events. Buyer fully releases Seller/Breeder from any and all liabilities arising directly or indirectly from any transportation delays, accidents or Puppy damage that may cause Buyer inconvenience or lose, whether financial or emotional. Usually the puppy will ship within 7 to 14 days once the available date has arrived. But occasionally a puppy may need additional time with the Seller/Breeder before shipping/delivery. The Seller/Breeders vet will make the final determination of the puppy’s ship/delivery date.
11. The puppy will be current on all vaccinations and worming treatments that are applicable to the puppy’s age, at the time of shipping/delivery. The puppy will be seen by a licensed veterinarian, of Petersen Aussie Ranch's choice, prior to shipping/delivery and will only be shipped/delivered if given a clean bill of health. A puppy is a living breathing animal, so in the case that a puppy contracts a virus during shipping or transportation, Seller/Buyer can not be held responsible.
12. The Buyer is aware that the puppy must have regular visits to a licensed veterinarian and the Buyer understands that he/she is responsible for all payments to the vet. This includes, but not excluding, vaccines, de-worming, flea treatments, heart worm treatments, and regular check ups. This is all part of owning a puppy and small problems should be treated before they escalate in to bigger problems. Seller/Breeder is not responsible for any veterinarian fees or costs. The guarantee will not cover neglect or improper care given by the Buyer.
13. In the event of any litigation in connection with this contract, both the Seller/Breeder and the Buyer shall each be responsible for their own attorney’s fees and cost. The venue and jurisdiction for litigation arising out of or related to this contract shall lie exclusively in Buffalo (Dallas County) Missouri. In the event the Buyer prevails in litigation, the total awarded value shall not exceed the value of the original purchase price.
14. A deposit in the amount of $200 is required to hold the puppy. In the event the Buyer should decide to cancel prior to shipping the $200 deposit will be retained, to cover Sellers/Breeders out-of-pocket expenses and overhead costs related with the transaction. In the event the puppy is not picked up once the puppy turns 8 weeks of age or the time agreed upon, the buyer will have 1 week from the date of the puppy turning 8 weeks of age, to make arrangements for pickup. If buyer fails to pick the puppy up or contact seller to make extended arrangements Seller will retain the deposit and re-sell the puppy.
15. The Seller/Breeder will accept any returns of said puppy for any reasons, including but not limited to allergy, Landlord/Tenant, marital, or adjustment issues. If the Buyer must return the puppy for any reason, it will be on a surrender basis only, with no refund or credit. Buyer must pay for the additional shipping cost back to the Seller/Breeder. This includes if the puppy is in transit or has been booked with the shipper or pet nanny.
16. Puppies are covered for a period of one (1) year from the original purchase date. During which time, this guarantee does not cover what we consider normal in the breeds, including, but not limited to: “loose hips”, skin allergies, hip dysplasia, colobomas, respiratory problems, Back Disease, seizures, inverted vulva, cataracts, death or sickness due to a leptospirosis shot given prior to 16 weeks of age etc.
17. Buyer must keep puppy on a superior food. Seller/Breeder will not guarantee puppy if fed a food that is based on corn meal. 1st ingredient in any food should be a meat or meat meal, not corn or corn meal.
18. This guarantee is non-transferable. The term “Health guarantee” referred herein as a period of one (1) year from the puppy’s date of birth. In the event the puppy is found to have a congenital or genetic defect that adversely affects the health of the puppy/dog, a statement from 2 unrelated licensed veterinarians (DVM) of the Buyer’s choice, confirming such issue is required before any action will be taken by the Seller/Breeder. Seller/Breeder reserves the right to get a third licensed veterinarians opinion of Seller/Breeder’s choosing to determine the congenital defect. If this guarantee is exercised and a replacement puppy is given then the original puppy must be returned to the Seller/Breeder. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. No replacement will be given if the dog (male or female) has been sued for breeding. All laboratory verification must be done by a licensed veterinarian (DVM). No replacement will be given if the registration application form has expired. No replacement will be given for breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysphasia are over weight or over exercised. Failure of the Buyer to provide puppy with timely, regular veterinary care will void and null this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs.
The Buyer understands that owning a puppy involves frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and that he/she will be responsible for all payments. Health issues that can be treated with medication or surgery are not covered by this Guarantee including, but not limited to: intestinal parasites (Giardia, tapeworms, hookworms, coccidiosis, roundworms, or ringworm). Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar, or sugar shock. Allergies, herniations (inguinal, diaphragmatic or perineal), heart murmur (grades 1-3), patella luxation (grades 1-3). This guarantee does not cover any veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including un-descended testes. Failure to obtain all receipts will void this guarantee. All dogs must not be over exercised during their growth period. Over exercising is as follows: running with the dog or jumping the dog. The dog must be in good physical condition. All the above mentioned conditions must be met or all guarantees above mentioned will be null and void. This guarantee does not cover temperament issues as they can be caused by a number things, such as lack of discipline, proper dog socialization, or lack of training. The Buyer is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the Seller. If within on (1) year from the date of purchase the dog is established and certified by two (2) licensed Veterinarian doctors to have congenital or hereditary disorders which adversely affect the health of the animal, and if Seller/Breeder is notified within two (2) business days of the Veterinarian’s determination, the Seller/breeder will provide a replacement puppy equivalent to the original value of the puppy. The Seller/Breeder is not responsible for any Veterinarian fees, shipping costs or any other associated costs.
19. Buyer agrees that for any reason they can not keep the puppy and need to surrender the puppy, they will not for any reason give it to a pet shelter, Humane Society or rescue of any kind without first giving the Seller first right to pick the puppy up. Regardless of age or location Seller will always have the first right to the puppy in the event of surrender.
20. Faxes and Online agreements are as Originals: Both parties agree that faxes and or online agreements of signed documents shall be considered the original signatures for purpose of validity, including credit card transactions.
21. Buyer and Seller/Breeder acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and that it is superseded and cancels all previous written and oral agreements and communications relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
I, the purchaser (Buyer) of a puppy from Petersen Aussie Ranch/ BB Dachshunds hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this document. I agree that I am 18 years of age or older and have the right to purchase this puppy. Further, I accept the terms and conditions of the guarantee for congenital or hereditary disorders printed in this document, and I waive and relinquish any other rights that I might otherwise have in the event of such occurrence. The failure of not following the procedure outlined above will result in the cancellation of this guarantee. No cash or credit card refunds.
Buyers phone number: _____________________
Buyers email: ______________________________
BUYERS SIGNATURE:______________ DATE:_________
SELLER/BREEDERS SIGNATURE: ______________________________________________
BUYERS SIGNATURE: __
Buffalo, Missouri 65622, United States